Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries
- 1 package (4-3/4 ounces) raspberry-flavored Danish Dessert
- Dissolve sugar and gelatin in water over low heat. Remove from stove; stir in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Chill the mixture until slightly thickened (like unbeaten egg whites). Fold in whipped cream with wire whisk until well blended. Pour into greased 6-cup ring mold; chill until set. To make topping, drain raspberries, reserving juice. Prepare dessert mix, following package directions for pudding, using raspberry juice as part of liquid. Chill topping; fold in raspberries. To serve, turn molded cream onto glass serving plate (at least 1 in. larger than mold) Put the raspberry topping in a small bowl in center of mold. Guests serve themselves by taking a slice of creme pudding and spooning topping over it.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 238 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 23mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 5, 2016
I've been making this family favorite since I cut it out of the 1988 issue of Country Woman. Interestingly I don't think I've ever made the raspberry sauce to go with it. I sweeten (and sometimes use corn starch and cook to thicken) whatever fruit I have on hand or in the freezer-strawberries, blueberries, black raspberries, cherries. Tonight I used the blueberry sauce part of this recipe (another favorite:-) https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/lemon-blueberry-pie
May 11, 2011
Fabulous beyond words. Try it and believe it! Easy to make, and so refreshing in summer. Everyone loves it!
Feb 19, 2009
Danish Dessert is sold under the brand name of "Junket". It can be found in the same aisle as the puddings and gelatins. I use this in the strawberry flavor to make strawberry pies. It is D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!! Good luck, Ginny
Feb 19, 2009
Danish Dessert is sold under the brand name of "Junket". It can be found in the same aisle as the puddings and gelatins. I use this in the strawberry flavor to make strawberry pies. It is D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!
Nov 8, 2008
I too am unfamiliar with this Danish Dessert. I would love to try this recipe but am hesitant to try until I either find out what this dessert is or find a substitute.
Jul 18, 2008
Could someone tell what raspberry-flavored Danish Dessert is?