Since it's always warm in the South, we like to eat light— especially in the summer. Don't let the simplicity of this recipe fool you— Russian Cream is pure heaven.
Recommended: 50 Vintage Desserts Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 envelope (1 tablespoon) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 cups fresh fruit (bite-size pieces)
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and gelatin. Stir in water; let stand 5 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in whipping cream. In a bowl, combine sour cream and vanilla. Add gradually to hot mixture; mix until smooth. Pour into a 4-cup bowl or mold. Cover and chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve over fruit. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Russian Cream in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p80
Reviews forRussian Cream Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review