These are a holiday-season "must" in our family. The bacon-wrapped bites are served with a sweet barbecue sauce which is also good with little smoked sausages. —Janice Thomas, Milford, Nebraska
Featured In: Vintage Recipes From the '50s Worth Trying Today
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 14 whole water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 7 bacon strips, halved
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, mayonnaise and chili sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; set aside.
- Place a water chestnut and pineapple chunk on each piece of bacon; roll up bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp. Serve with sauce. Yield: 14 appetizers.
Originally published as Rumaki Appetizers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p43