These plump tender rolls are a sweet choice for breakfast or a coffee break...and easy to make, too! I bake batches for the holidays and other special gatherings. Sometimes I replace the packaged mix with my recipe for homemade yeast rolls.
Recommended: 30 Dessert Recipes for Raisin Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 3-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead for 5 minutes. Cover with a bowl and let rest for 5 minutes. Roll into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Spread with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, water and extract until smooth. Spread half of the mixture over butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 rolls. Place cut side up in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Cover and let rest until nearly doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool for 15 minutes. Drizzle with remaining confectioners' sugar mixture. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Rum Sweet Rolls in Country Woman January/February 2005, p33
Reviews forRum Sweet Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2013
"These were ok, a little hard to cut as the dough was soft. Also thought the rum flavor a bit over powering."