VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons raisins, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, very finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Baking cocoa
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a microwave-safe bowl, toss all raisins with rum. Microwave, covered, on high for 30 seconds; cool slightly.
- Place chocolate in a shallow bowl. In a small heavy saucepan, heat cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; let stand 2 minutes. Stir until smooth, then stir in raisins. Press plastic wrap onto surface of chocolate mixture. Cool to room temperature or until firm enough to shape.
- With cocoa-dusted hands, shape chocolate mixture into 1-in. balls. Place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Refrigerate until very firm, about 30 minutes.
- For coating, in top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip truffles in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on a waxed paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Refrigerate until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Rum Raisin Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p86