- 1/4 cup raisins
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract, optional
- 1 boneless fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- In a large saucepan, combine the raisins, 4 tablespoons water, orange juice and pineapple. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into raisin mixture. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in extract if desired.
- Cut the ham steak into four pieces. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook ham over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve with raisin sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forRum Raisin Sauce
"My recipe is similar but we add a bit of butter and a splash of vinegar. Also use an entire undrained can of pineapple. Family loves it. Also don't use extract."
"This was OK but not great. I probably will not make again. The flavor combination did not go well with the ham."