VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons rum or 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Assorted fresh fruit and angel food cake cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in rum or extract and vanilla until blended. Transfer to a small fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with fruit and cake cubes. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Rum Chocolate Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p28