Rugelach with a Twist
Once I read about making rugelach with ice cream, there was no stopping me! My family loved these flaky cookies so much, I had to bake more right away. —Diane Fuqua, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Beat butter and flour until blended. Beat in ice cream. Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pecans and chocolate chips. In another bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon. Roll each portion of dough into a 10-in. circle; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture and about 1/3 cup of the pecan mixture. Gently press pecan mixture into the dough. Cut each circle into 8 wedges; roll up from wide ends. Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets, point side down. Whisk together egg and water; brush over pastries.
- Bake until golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 151 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.