VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, melted
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Beat butter and flour until blended. Beat in ice cream. Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pecans and chocolate chips. In another bowl, mix sugars and cinnamon. Roll each portion of dough into a 10-in. circle; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of the sugar mixture and about 1/3 cup of the pecan mixture. Gently press pecan mixture into the dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges; roll up from wide ends. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets, point side down. Whisk together egg and water; brush over pastries.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 32 cookies.
Originally published as Rugelach with a Twist in Taste of Home November 2016, p46