Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 each brown and blue M&M's minis
- 24 miniature marshmallows, halved
- 24 red jelly beans
- 24 miniature vanilla wafers
- 48 miniature pretzels
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Reserve 2-3 teaspoons frosting; spread remaining frosting over cooled cupcakes. For eyes, using reserved frosting, press an M&M mini into each marshmallow half. Place two eyes on each cupcake. For nose, attach a jelly bean onto each vanilla wafer; place on cupcake. Insert pretzels into cupcakes for antlers.
Dec 10, 2016
So fun for the kids to make. Yummy too!
Feb 18, 2012
I had a tough time getting the animal cookies to stay in place...
Jan 20, 2012
Since the cupcakes are just a box mix I am rating the decorating. Super ease & cute idea. I used pretzels fo the antlers instead of animal crackers; they looked a lot better. Also, used Cinnamon Imperials for the noses, since that's what I had on hand. My daughter's 2nd grade class loved them.
Jan 13, 2012
Fun and easy for Christmas
Dec 17, 2010
My nephew and his class loved this cupcakes or pupcakes as my nephew calls them. They turn out super cute. They were a hit. Also I used cherry sours for the noses since i couldn't find red jelly beans.
Dec 1, 2010
I made these last year for our family Christmas get together - they were a big hit, the kids loved them
Aug 27, 2010
I used broken pieces of pretzels instead of animal crackers for antlers because I couldn't get the animal crackers to stand up. I also used chocolate chips for eyes because adding the dollops to the halfed mini marshmallows was tough.
Dec 7, 2009
I made these for my families christmas party where we have 12 kids age 10 and under - what a hit. I used premade christmas cookies from the store that we in the shape of a star and had colored sugar on them. Cut in half, they looked like anthlers. for the nose, I used red cinnamon candy that I already had from baking other holiday cookies. My son got a great kick out of helping me and we thought each cupcake took on it's own personality. They did not last long - These a great!!
Dec 28, 2008
I made these cupcakes (Rudolph) for the residents of our local retirement home and they just loved them. So did I.
Dec 22, 2008
Oh, PS. Freeze the cupcakes before frosting. Your frosting goes on much smoother.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.