- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 48 miniature chocolate chips or raisins
- 24 miniature marshmallows, halved
- 24 red jelly beans
- 48 animal crackers
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes. For eyes, press a chocolate chip into each marshmallow half. Place two eyes on each cupcake. Add jelly beans for noses. Insert animal crackers for antlers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forRudolph Cupcakes
"So fun for the kids to make. Yummy too!"
"I had a tough time getting the animal cookies to stay in place..."
"Since the cupcakes are just a box mix I am rating the decorating. Super ease & cute idea. I used pretzels fo the antlers instead of animal crackers; they looked a lot better. Also, used Cinnamon Imperials for the noses, since that's what I had on hand. My daughter's 2nd grade class loved them."
"My nephew and his class loved this cupcakes or pupcakes as my nephew calls them. They turn out super cute. They were a hit. Also I used cherry sours for the noses since i couldn't find red jelly beans."
"I made these last year for our family Christmas get together - they were a big hit, the kids loved them"
"I used broken pieces of pretzels instead of animal crackers for antlers because I couldn't get the animal crackers to stand up. I also used chocolate chips for eyes because adding the dollops to the halfed mini marshmallows was tough."
"I made these for my families Christmas party where we have 12 kids age 10 and under - what a hit. I used premade Christmas cookies from the store that we in the shape of a star and had colored sugar on them. Cut in half, they looked like anthlers. for the nose, I used red cinnamon candy that I already had from baking other holiday cookies. My son got a great kick out of helping me and we thought each cupcake took on it's own personality. They did not last long - These a great!!"
"I made these cupcakes (Rudolph) for the residents of our local retirement home and they just loved them. So did I."
"Oh, PS. Freeze the cupcakes before frosting. Your frosting goes on much smoother."