Ruby Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head red cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium head green cabbage (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Thinly slice or shred cabbage; place in an 8-qt. Dutch oven. Add 2 tablespoons vinegar. Cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until cabbage is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Add onion, apples, sugar, mustard and remaining vinegar. Cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Place mixture in a large bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until completely cool.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours. Yield: 20-24 servings.
3/4 cup: 79 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Ruby Slaw
"This pretty slaw is the perfect accompaniment to fish!! It taste wonderful!!"