VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 4 ounces mezcal or tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rosewater
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup grapefruit soda
- Grapefruit slices
- In a small pitcher, combine the first four ingredients.
- Mix salt and sugar on a plate. Moisten the rims of two cocktail glasses with water. Hold each glass upside down and dip moistened rim into salt mixture. Discard remaining salt mixture.
- To serve, fill glasses with ice. Add half the grapefruit juice mixture to each; top with grapefruit soda and grapefruit slices. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Ruby Rose Paloma in Modern Comfort 2016, p75