Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce
My best friend, Lynn Young, and I came up with this recipe after our husbands requested it. In addition to ice cream, it can be served over pancakes and waffles. —Terri Zobel, Raleigh, North Carolina
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in orange juice concentrate until smooth; add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 33 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Ruby-Red Strawberry Sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Feb 7, 2016
I used this recipe this morning when I wanted a strawberry sauce for some waffles. This was exactly what I needed - just a tasty, simple sauce. I halved the recipe and it was fantastic. All of our company had seconds.