- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water,divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Lettuce leaves
- Mayonnaise or salad dressing, optional
- Mint leaves, optional
- Dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add raspberries and stir until berries are thawed and separated. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. pan; chill until set. Carefully spread with sour cream; chill. Dissolve cherry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Add pineapple and cranberry sauce; mix well. Allow to thicken slightly. Carefully spoon over sour cream mixture; chill. Cut into squares and serve on lettuce leaves. If desired, top each with a dollop of mayonnaise and garnish with a mint leaf. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forRuby Red Raspberry Salad
"I have made this for over 15 yrs now on every holiday. I never have any leftovers."
"Here it is, time for giving thanks to our God for the gifts he provides. Making this Friday for our family's Thanksgiving dinner Saturday. My grandchildren have never had this salad, so you might say I'm making it especially for them. However ya look at it, everyone arund our dining table always goes back for more. Thank You again, Mrs. Clark!!!"
"This salad is so yummy! The combination of fruits makes it a step above all other gelatin salads."
"I've been making this for years thanks to marge clark and my mother. Mother gave me this recipe years ago and everyone expects this at Thanksgiving and Christmas.Mother is gone but its our way of remembering her at holidays. I lost the original and found it again thanks to Taste of home.It was exactly the same recipe, same picture, everything. Thanks so much carolyn tittle"