As pretty as a picture, this sweet, ruby-red dessert sauce is an easy way to dress up vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or angel food cake. Why not mix up an extra batch to keep in the freezer for drop-in guests or last-minute treats? Gusty Crum - Dover, Ohio
Recommended: 30 Easier-Than-Pie Summer Fruit Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in raspberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in jelly and extract. Chill. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Originally published as Raspberry Dessert Sauce in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p21