Ruby-Red Raspberry Dessert Sauce
As pretty as a picture, this sweet, ruby-red dessert sauce is an easy way to dress up vanilla ice cream, frozen yogurt or angel food cake. Why not mix up an extra batch to keep in the freezer for drop-in guests or last-minute treats? Gusty Crum - Dover, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a blender, puree raspberries. Strain and discard seeds, reserving juice.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir in raspberry juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Whisk in jelly and extract. Chill. Serve over ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 184 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Sauce Dessert in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.