Ruby-Red Pretzel Dip
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (2 tablespoons each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Red food coloring, optional
- Place first seven ingredients in a saucepan; heat through over medium heat, whisking until blended. In a small bowl, mix flour and cold water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. If desired, tint with food coloring.
- Remove to a bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate, covered, overnight. Serve with pretzels.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons dip: 75 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 18, 2015
I have made this several times and people LOVE it! It tastes great and is so easy to make. I give it as a gift during the holidays. Great as a dip but also makes a great spread on a turkey sandwich.
Aug 10, 2013
I make this dip for every holiday. Everyone can't get enough of it.
Dec 8, 2012
This is the best dip for pretzels. I even spread it on crackers. The is the wonderful and all of my guests over the years have asked for the recipe. Thank you!
May 4, 2010
I love this recipe! I have made it many times and often make it up and put it in a decorated glass canning jar as a gift with a bag of pretzels.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.