Ruby-Red Beet Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced beets, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons each chopped celery, green pepper and chives
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the gelatins; add boiling water and stir to dissolve. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice; set pineapple aside. Stir juice into gelatin. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Stir in beets and pineapple. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate until firm.
- For dressing, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, celery, green pepper and chives in a small bowl. Cut gelatin into squares; serve on lettuce-lined salad plates if desired. Dollop with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 164 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 29, 2013
Delicious!!! Different, definitely a keeper. Liked it with and without dressing.
Dec 23, 2009
My family loved this recipe. I did not use the dressing - we are not big on mayo dressings. I just used a cream cheese & milk dressing.
Dec 22, 2009
This salad is soooo delicious. I make it more often than Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a keeper!!