Cranberry sauce gives a sweet-tart taste to pear halves in this spiced side dish that's perfect for fall. "It's excellent with chicken or pork dishes and can be enjoyed hot or cold," says Kathy Ginn of Washington Court House, Ohio.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place pears cut side up in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through.
- Spoon sauce over pears. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Originally published as Ruby Pears in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p13
Reviews forRuby Pears
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2017