Ruby Fruit Slush
Perfect for the holidays, Sarah Gingerich's rosy refresher puts thirst on ice quite nicely. "My kids love this drink," Sarah shares from Unionville, Missouri.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 3 quarts tropical fruit punch
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 bottle (48 ounces) cranberry-apple juice
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 liters diet ginger ale or lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a very large bowl or bowls, combine the first five ingredients. Transfer to four 2-qt. freezer containers. Freeze, stirring several times to make slushy. Remove containers from freezer 1-2 hours before serving; stir until slushy. Stir a fourth of ginger ale into each container.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Ruby Fruit Slush in Light & Tasty December/January 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.