Ruby Fruit Compote Recipe
This easy anytime dessert is beautiful and delicious all by itself, so imagine it over ice cream or pound cake! It's a dream come true.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) tart cherries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Liquid red food coloring, optional
- 1 cup whole fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Set cherries aside. Add enough water to the reserved juice to measure 1-1/4 cups. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool for 10 minutes; stir in food coloring if desired.
- 2. Fold in strawberries and reserved cherries. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Spoon into individual serving dishes. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar. Dollop over fruit. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1/2 cup: 234 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Ruby Fruit Compote
Reviewed May. 25, 2017
"I love it"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC