- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the chicken; turn to coat. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in butter.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forRuby Chicken
"I'm delighted to find this recipe again! I first discovered it in a magazine back in the seventies and used to make it regularly. I wanted something a bit festive to serve friends at a pre Christmas lunch. I'm sure they'll love it. I once served it to someone who said he didn't like chicken, he said the 'duck' was delicious!!!"
"This is one of my automatic go-to recipes for impressing house guests - because it tastes SO WONDERFUL and is SO easy to make! Try it, you won't be disappointed. I make a veggie for a side - like orange almond green beans, or oven-roasted asparagus."
"This was so tasty and easy to make! Both my hubby and I loved it."
"I love this recipe. It is so tasty and so easy to make. Just right for an autumn evening."