Ginger and pomegranate are made for each other and the color of this beverage is tantalizing. If you're looking for a non-alcoholic option, you can easily just leave out the vodka; it's still a delicious and festive drink! —Tara Deshpande, New York, New York
Recommended: Classic Southern Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons sweetened ginger syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Club soda, chilled
- 4 each lime slice, optional
- 1 to 4 teaspoons pomegranate seeds, optional
- Scatter pomegranate seeds over an ice cube tray, about 1 teaspoon per cube; fill with water and freeze.
- Combine vodka, molasses, ginger syrup, lime juice and a cinnamon stick. Let steep 15 minutes Strain; discard cinnamon stick. Place four pomegranate ice cubes in each of four tall glasses. Pour molasses mixture evenly into glasses; top off with chilled club soda. Stir well. Garnish with additional pomegranate seeds and lime, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Rubies on Ice in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018