Rubbed Sage Lamb Chops
Rubbed sage adds wonderful seasoning to the lamb loin chops, that also get a little kick from cayenne pepper.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup into a shallow dish; add lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).