Rubbed Sage Lamb Chops
Rubbed sage adds wonderful seasoning to the lamb loin chops, that also get a little kick from cayenne pepper.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in lamb loin chops (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar, oil and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts2 each: 305 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 189mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Rocky Mountain Grill in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.