I often serve this tangy dish to the cowboys when we work the cattle on our ranch. To save time, I assemble it the day before, refrigerate it and bake it the next day.—Edna Irick, Bryan, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 358 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 951mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Roundup Supper in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book