I often serve this tangy dish to the cowboys when we work the cattle on our ranch. To save time, I assemble it the day before, refrigerate it and bake it the next day.—Edna Irick, Bryan, Texas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.