Roundup Beef Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours 10 min. + standing
Makes3-4 servings plus 4-1/2 cups leftover roast beef
- 1/4 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with mustard. bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice against the grain.
Feb 22, 2013
I used a bottom round roast and it turned out perfect. It has well balanced flavors that hold their own without taking over the meat. Leftovers were still tasty the next day. I hope to use what hasn't been nibbled away by family members, in the referenced stir-fry recipe following the directions. A repeat performance has already been requested.
Dec 20, 2009
Made this for Thanksgiving this year, it turned out very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.