Roundup Beef Roast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours 10 min. + standing
Makes3-4 servings plus 4-1/2 cups leftover roast beef
- 1/4 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a shallow dish, combine the first seven ingredients; add the roast and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with mustard. bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice against the grain.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 22, 2013
I used a bottom round roast and it turned out perfect. It has well balanced flavors that hold their own without taking over the meat. Leftovers were still tasty the next day. I hope to use what hasn't been nibbled away by family members, in the referenced stir-fry recipe following the directions. A repeat performance has already been requested.
Dec 20, 2009
Made this for Thanksgiving this year, it turned out very good.