- 1/4 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3-1/2 pounds boneless beef rump roast
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Brush with mustard. bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes; thinly slice against the grain. Yield: 3-4 servings plus 4-1/2 cups leftover roast beef.
Reviews forRoundup Beef Roast
"I used a bottom round roast and it turned out perfect. It has well balanced flavors that hold their own without taking over the meat. Leftovers were still tasty the next day. I hope to use what hasn't been nibbled away by family members, in the referenced stir-fry recipe following the directions. A repeat performance has already been requested."
"Made this for Thanksgiving this year, it turned out very good."