- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 small red potatoes
- Cut steak into six pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in oil on both sides. Stir in the soup, water, celery, red pepper, onion and thyme. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Add potatoes; cover and bake 1-1/2 hours longer or until steak and vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRound Steak with Potatoes
"My family enjoyed this. I did add two beef cubes to the water and didn't add the celery (personal preference) but followed the rest of the recipe as written. My family really liked the gravy"