Round Steak Supper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 beef top round steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Pepper and garlic powder to taste
- Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cut beef into four pieces; place over potatoes. In a bowl, combine the soup, water, soup mix, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 583 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 1222mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 48g protein.
Oct 1, 2013
Apr 23, 2013
My husband proclaimed this comfort food, but I have similar recipes I like more. With the onion soup mix it was very salty...and I added no more additional salt.
Oct 4, 2011
Yummy! And so easy! Mine was done in only 4 hours on low, so I had to keep it on warm until dinner time. It makes your house smell great, too!
May 5, 2011
Flavor is just right, and the dish is a real time-saver. Perfect to have ready at "crunch-time" (when everyone needs to eat supper and then quickly head off in every direction!). I cooked on high for 5 hours in the crock pot, and the meat was super tender.
Sep 2, 2009
I think I am going to try this with southern style hash browns to save the cutting of the potatoes!
Mar 16, 2008
this is such a time saver. When I make this all I have to do is prepare rolls & a vegetable. What could be easier.
Mar 16, 2008
"Here's a meat-and-potatoes dinner that will help you stick to your budget," promises Sandra Castillo from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin. Inexpensive round steak and potatoes are simmered for hours in an onion-flavored gravy to create the satisfying supper.View this recipe now