- 2 pounds boneless beef top round steak
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 12 small garlic dill pickles
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut steak into twelve 4-in. x 3-in. pieces; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a bacon piece and pickle along a short side of each; roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Brown roll-ups on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil. Stir in flour until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Gradually blend in broth and savory, stirring constantly. Return roll-ups to pan. Cover and cook over low heat for 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRound Steak Beef Rouladen
"This recipe was ok. I guess I'm looking for something closer to what my mom use to make."
"I've made this Rouladen recipe in the past and it is excellent and authentic. Rouladen is a particular favorite of my older son, who requested I make it for his birthday this year. I add a teaspoon of bread crumbs to the bacon and pickle before rolling up each piece of flattened steak and I add a tablespoon of drained capers to the gravy. I always serve the Rouladen over homemade spaetzel. Delicious!"