Round Cheese Bread Recipe
From Medicine Hat, Alberta, Deborah Bitz shares this savory round loaf with Italian flair. "Warm buttered wedges are tasty with a pasta dinner or tossed salad," she informs.
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, milk and egg (batter will be thick).
- 2. Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 183 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Round Cheese Bread
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC