From Medicine Hat, Alberta, Deborah Bitz shares this savory round loaf with Italian flair. "Warm buttered wedges are tasty with a pasta dinner or tossed salad," she informs.
Recommended: 12 Recipes to Make in a Bread Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Additional Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, milk and egg (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Drizzle with butter; sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Round Cheese Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p46
Reviews forRound Cheese Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review