Deli-roasted chicken is the secret to Paula Marchesi’s super-quick family favorite in Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania. “It’s so-o-o good after a long day of shopping, when you’re tired or the kids have a game and time’s tight,” she says. PAULA’S TIP: “I like to serve this fail-proof meal-in-one with crusty Italian bread. That’s all it needs!”
Recommended: 65 Low-Calorie Dinner Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the yellow squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add the chicken, beans, cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Rotisserie Chicken Ragout in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p27
Reviews forRotisserie Chicken Ragout
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2011
"Would not make it again unless I made alot of changes. It was bland and I even modified the spices. I am not a fan of Thyme."