Rotini with Shrimp
A lovely lemon-dill sauce coats this colorful blend of shrimp, rotini pasta and minced green onions. "It's attractive enough to serve guests," says Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado, "and no one will guess the creamy sauce is low-fat."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- CREAMY LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp; boil 3 minutes longer or until pasta is tender and shrimp turn pink.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the wine or broth, lemon peel, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta and shrimp; place in a serving bowl. Add sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with onions.