Rosy Red Christmas Apples
Pretty enough to pass as dessert, these sweet festive apples make a nice alternative to salad. The creamy nut-filled mixture stuffed inside is delightful.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red liquid food coloring
- 16 medium apples, peeled and cored
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a large saucepan, bring sugar, water and food coloring to a boil. Place four apples in pan; boil for 3 minutes. Turn apples over; boil 2-5 minutes longer or until apples are crisp-tender. Place in a large dish to cool. Repeat with remaining apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, pecans and mayonnaise. Stuff into center of apples. Serve or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Rosy Red Christmas Apples in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.