Rosemary Wheat Crackers
No one will believe you made these delightful rosemary scented crackers with a sprinkling of kosher salt. They are easy to make and are better than store bought.—Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt and rosemary. Gradually add oil, tossing with a fork to combine. Add milk; toss with a fork until mixture forms a ball. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Divide dough into three equal portions. On a greased baking sheet, roll out one portion into a 9-in. x 8-in. rectangle, about 1/16-in. thick. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Using rolling pin, gently press salt into dough. Prick holes in dough with a fork. Score dough into 16 pieces. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Immediately cut along the scored lines. Cool completely on baking sheets. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cracker: 30 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Olive oil and Rosemary Wheat Crackers in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011