Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes3-1/2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, artichokes, salad dressing and garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For the meatballs, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, raisins, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Crumble veal over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Serve with yogurt sauce.
3 each: 188 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 513mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.Originally published as Sweetened Rosemary Veal Meatballs with Artichoke Yogurt Dip in Taste of Home August/September 2007Read Next
More from Taste of Home