Rosemary Veal Meatballs
These savory appetizer meatballs, seasoned with rosemary and garlic, get a touch of sweetness from chopped golden raisins. They will be a hit at your next gathering. —Rhonda Maiani, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes3-1/2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, artichokes, salad dressing and garlic; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For the meatballs, in a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, raisins, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Crumble veal over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Serve with yogurt sauce.