With the perfect hint of rosemary and a classic buttery texture, these delicate cookies look and taste elegant. The fact that they’re very easy to prepare can be our little secret.
Recommended: 16 Christmas Tree-Shaped Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, rosemary and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 8-1/4-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate overnight. Cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Rosemary Shortbread Cookies in Fresh Home Spring 2010