Rosemary Seasoned Lamb
Caroline Layton of Brevard, North Carolina likes to use this pleasant rosemary spice blend on lamb. The versatile rub tastes so terrific, you'll want to try it on pork, chicken and firm fish, too.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 4 pounds)
- In a blender or spice mill, combine the seasonings; cover and process until coarsely ground. Untie leg of lab and unroll. Rub spice blend over both sides of meat. Reroll and tie with kitchen string.
- Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.