This recipe was created as an hors d'oeuvre for a friend's wedding and became an instant hit and family treasure. Enjoy! —Steve Hansen, Redmond, Washington
Recommended: 50 Easy Baked Dinners to Make Tonight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- Pretzel sticks or toothpicks, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat; sauté garlic with curry powder until tender, 1-2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine egg, pimentos, bread crumbs, parsley, rosemary and garlic mixture. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a 15x10x1-in. pan. Bake until cooked through, 25-30 minutes. If desired, serve with pretzels. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Rosemary's Baby Appetizer Meatballs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p238