Rosemary’s Ham Reubens
I never cared much for pork products when I was young because that's all we ever seemed to eat on our farm. Now I love ham—the leftovers are versatile and make delicious recipes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 8 slices rye bread
- Dijon mustard, optional
- In a bowl, combine the ham, cheese, mayonnaise, sauerkraut and caraway.
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread mustard on toast if desired; top with filling. Place on a baking sheet; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Rosemary's Ham Reubens in Country Pork