Rosemary’s Ham Reubens
I never cared much for pork products when I was young because that's all we ever seemed to eat on our farm. Now I love ham—the leftovers are versatile and make delicious recipes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 ounces fully cooked ham, julienned
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, drained
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 8 slices rye bread
- Dijon mustard, optional
- In a bowl, combine the ham, cheese, mayonnaise, sauerkraut and caraway.
- Lightly toast the bread. Spread mustard on toast if desired; top with filling. Place on a baking sheet; broil 6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Originally published as Rosemary's Ham Reubens in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.