Rosemary Romano Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a microwave, melt butter. Stir in the Romano cheese, garlic and rosemary. Spread over cut side of bread.
- Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Slice and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 143 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 7, 2019
Love this bread! Great flavor! I will definitely be adding it to our garlic bread rotation.
Oct 11, 2014
Great flavor additions to bread for a super meal accompaniment! All my 3 kids love this and there is frequently not much in the way of leftovers. Easy to prepare so you can spend the time you need on the main course. I do tend to put more than "1 tsp. rosemary" on the bread though--more like over 1 tablespoon for definitive flavor.
Feb 11, 2013
Oh yeah, this is some seriously good cheesy garlic bread!!! The melted butter oozes down into all the nooks and crannies -which doesn't seem to really happen when you just spread the butter onto the bread. Totally reminded my of the Pepperidge Farm frozen garlic bread... Cannot wait to make this again!
Oct 10, 2011
I used whole wheat ciabatta and 2 garlic cloves. A little next cheese next time (the salty taste of the Romano over powers a bit) and bake only about 10 minutes. best part of our meal though!