- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, halved lengthwise
- In a microwave, melt butter. Stir in the Romano cheese, garlic and rosemary. Spread over cut side of bread.
- Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forRosemary Romano Bread
"Great flavor additions to bread for a super meal accompaniment! All my 3 kids love this and there is frequently not much in the way of leftovers. easy to prepare so you can spend the time you need on the main course. I do tend to put more than "1 tsp. rosemary" on the bread though--more like over 1 tablespoon for definitive flavor."
"Oh yeah, this is some seriously good cheesy garlic bread!!! The melted butter oozes down into all the nooks and crannies -which doesn't seem to really happen when you just spread the butter onto the bread. Totally reminded my of the Pepperidge Farm frozen garlic bread... Cannot wait to make this again!"
"I used whole wheat ciabatta and 2 garlic cloves. A little next cheese next time (the salty taste of the Romano over powers a bit) and bake only about 10 minutes. best part of our meal though!"