Rosemary Rice Recipe
This tender, full-flavored rice makes a lovely side for a wide variety of main dishes, says Suzanne McKinley of Lyons, Georgia. It's also an easy recipe to double for company or extra guests.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 184 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Rosemary Rice
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC