Rosemary Raisin Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min.
Makesabout 8 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the rosemary, lemon peel and extract. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in raisins.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Cookies may be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 41 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 1, 2018
I was already to make these then realized there is no sugar measurement given. Sugar is listed in the directions but not in the ingredient list.
Jul 5, 2015
I always make sure to have a rosemary plant each year, just so I can make these!
Apr 28, 2013
These are wonderful cookies - light and delicious with subtle flavors of lemon and rosemary. The golden raisins add a touch of class
Dec 12, 2009
no sugar amount is listed...I used 1 1/2 C white sugaror 3/4 C white and 3/4 light brown. My dad asked for the recipe after I brought im some
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.