Rosemary Potato Rolls
In Decatur, Alabama, Mary Dixson chooses sesame seeds, poppy seeds or rosemary to sprinkle over these pretty golden rolls. The dough is easily made in the bread machine to save time.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame seeds or poppy seeds or dried rosemary, crushed
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in the order suggested by manufacturer. Select the dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 portions. Shape each into a 10-in. rope. Holding one end of rope, loosely form into a coil. Tuck end under; pinch to seal. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush tops with egg. Sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds or rosemary. Bake at 375° for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 147 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.