Rosemary Pork Chops
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of pork chops):
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- Canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in oil until crumbly. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Yield: 3 batches (2-1/4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare pork chops: Place 3/4 cup coating mix in a resealable plastic bag. Place a small amount of water in a shallow bowl. Dip pork chops in water; place in the bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Dec 24, 2019This recipe is great! I followed everything except for two things. 1. I used blended up frosted flakes instead of traditional bread crumbs (I didn't have enough breadcrumbs and felt like experimenting) that gave them a nice sweet taste 2. Like others suggested I baked them for 40-45 mins after having them on the skillet first and 3. I tenderized the chops beforehand and they came out super tender and juicy. Overall, this recipe is great and will be using it repeatedly.
Dec 1, 2015
This is one my new "go-to" pork recipes because it's so good, fairly quick in the oven and super easy to toss together. Yes, I bake it as well-375 for 40-45 minutes depending on thickness of chops. Have made gravy from the pan drippings and served with mashed potatoes-yum. Man-pleasing, meat & potatoes meal. Making for supper tonight with big pot of home made mac & cheese.
Aug 26, 2012
This is by far one of the tastiest breading recipes. I made one-third of the recipe, using 1/8C. and 1T. of flour, 1/2T. parika, 1/4t. garlic powder instead of onion. It made enough for 5 boneless pork chops with some left over. Probably would have coated 6-7 boneless chops. I baked them in a baking dish coated with cooking spray for about 25 minutes at 325F. Chops turned out nice and juicy with fablous flavor. Much better than Shake-n-Bake!
Aug 26, 2012
Easy & so delicious. I bake these in the oven.
Mar 15, 2012
I found this a little too salty, but very flavorful.
Mar 14, 2011
Great! So nice to have on hand. I will use this for quick dinners in our RV too. Only one pan and very tasty. I store the mix in a small zip lock freezer bag in the fridge.
Dec 31, 1969
This was outstanding.