Rosemary Plum Pork Roast
This roast is delicious...and slices of it make such a pretty presentation.—Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 16 pitted dried plums
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 bunches fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 center-cut boneless pork loin roast (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- Place plums in a bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 15 minutes; drain well. Mince enough rosemary to measure 1 tablespoon; stir into plums. Cut a slit along top of roast 2 in. deep, leaving 1 in. at each end uncut. Sprinkle inside of cut with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Fill with plum mixture. Cover top with overlapping rosemary sprigs.
- Tie roast at 1 in. intervals with kitchen string. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Place several rosemary sprigs in a shallow roasting pan. Top with roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.